Thursday, March 22, 2012

Someday by Alison McGhee and illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds

Someday is a lovely picture book in which a mom talks to her daughter about many of the life events the daughter will someday go through.  When I first read this sweet book with tenderhearted illustrations, I cried as I imagined my own daughter growing up and becoming her own person in the world.  My daughter, on the other hand, had a very different reaction to the book.  She was fascinated by the illustrations and the characters' actions.  She 'read' it many times and took it to bed with her as she worked out in her mind how the little girl became a big girl and then a woman.  I am not sure she has figured out that the woman becomes older and older.  But Someday helped introduce the idea of change and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment