Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

Edward Tulane is a porcelain rabbit doll that embarks in a series of unexpected and unwanted adventures through which he learns important lessons in life.  Edward's most important discovery is understanding the meaning of love and friendship.  This book is a sweet addition to any library: Kate DiCamillo offers readers a beautiful gift in her storytelling.  It is a lovely book to be read with children, at home or in the classroom.  I found this book so touching that I am planning to include it in my curriculum. 

2 comments:

  1. Who liked the story more? Thomas or Sophie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it to them yet. I think this book is more appropriate for children 6 and older. So I will wait a few years before reading it to Tom and Sophie.

    ReplyDelete