Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Brian Wildsmith's Bilingual Board Books

When I first started reading to my daughter Sophia, I purchased a series of board books by Brian Wildsmith that are written in both Portuguese and English.  The books offer simple, colorful illustrations accompanied by verbal descriptions in both languages.  I found these simple books excellent in helping my children develop vocabulary for colors, different types of animals, opposites, shapes and sizes.  The books are offered in a variety of languages including Spanish, French, German, Italian, Vietnamese, and Chinese.  I read these books to both my children quite a bit until they were about twenty months. They also read them by themselves and enjoyed them quite a bit.  If you are considering exposing your child to more than one language, these are great little books to help you get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment